Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Barossa Full Day Wine Tour for 2 in a 1962 Daimler
Vehicles are inspected and accredited by the Passenger Transport Board and are air conditioned and licensed to carry up to 8 passengers when required.
Modern Mercedes Viano seating 7 passengers is also available for private tours at $275-00 per person for 4 to 7 persons. $320-00pp for 3 persons and $390-00pp for 2 persons.
- Included in price:
- Entrance fees and premium tailored wine tastings, 2 course lunch with wine at Vintners Restaurant, Afternoon tea at Maggie Beers Farm Shop, 10am pickup from local accommodation, private touring with John Baldwin - no sharing
- What to bring:
- camera enclosed shoes are preferable neat casual attire
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- No seat belts in the 1962 Daimlers - children under 7 not allowed by SA law. A touring option of a modern 7 seat Mercedes is available which has seatbelts fitted.
- Departure points:
- Adelaide, South Australia
Barossa Valley, South Australia
Murray River, South Australia
Glenelg, South Australia
Fleurieu Peninsula, South Australia
Clare Valley, South Australia
McLaren Vale, South Australia
Hahndorf, South Australia
- Departure time:
10:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Pickup and drop off is available at your accommodation in the Barossa Valley. Tours are exclusive to one party and so flexibility is easy. Pickup can also be arranged in Adelaide or the Adelaide Airport. This pickup is one hour earlier (9am) and there is a travel charge of $AU200-00 (per car, for the return trip on tour day). One other alternative is to catch a train from Adelaide, north to the Gawler Railway Station for a 10am arrival and we can pickup there and drop off again at the end of the day.
- 7 hours
- Approximate Return Time:
- Barossa Daimler Tours
- Adelaide and Barossa Valley
- Departs From
- Adelaide, Barossa Valley, Murray River, Glenelg, Fleurieu Peninsula, Clare Valley, McLaren Vale and Hahndorf
Enjoy exceptional wine, fine food and great company on a 'made for you' tour of Australia's world famous Barossa Valley. From the moment your gleaming, classic black 1962 Daimler arrives to collect you, it is the start of a personalised wine tour you'll never forget. Visit the large and iconic wineries such as Penfolds and Seppeltsfield or let us introduce you to the small family owned, boutique gems.
Whether you are a wine connoisseur or a keen beginner, you'll enjoy wonderful historic and cultural commentary, premium service and wine tastings to match your wine tastes. John Baldwin is your guide for the day, and he loves to share his special friendships with Barossa winemakers and locals, with all who tour with him. You may prefer to taste cheeses, boutique beers, dried fruits or visit art galleries, whatever is the best tour for you!
All tours are exclusive to one party and pickup and drop off is available at your accommodation. Barossa pickup is at 10am, returning at 5pm. Adelaide pickup is at 9am, returning at 5pm and transfers are in a modern vehicle ($200-00 per car, for the return trip on tour day). A full day tour includes a 2 course lunch with wine at Vintners Restaurant, afternoon tea at Maggie Beers Farm Shop, all entrance fees and premium wine tastings tailored to suit.
Barossa Daimler Tours has won the award for best tour in the Barossa 3 times and in November 2011 received a bronze medal at the South Australian Tourism Awards. Our policy that 'John conducts every tour' is the reason for our tourism awards and continued success. Our Daimlers were used in the royal tours of the sixties and can seat up to 7 passengers when required.