Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Cool Dingo 3 days and 2 night Quad Share ex-Hervey Bay
Price listed is for quad share accommodation which is gender based.
Upgrades to Twin share are available.
- Included in price:
- 3 days of guided 4WD tours 2 nights accommodation in quad share accommodation which is gender based. 2 breakfasts + 3 lunches + 2 dinners return ferry transfers National Park Fees and Levy
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Twin share and Double accommodation upgrades are available below and on the booking form. Air Fraser offers spectacular scenic flights over the island - book with your guide on tour (extra cost applies).
- What to bring:
- You'll need to have a day-pack ready as your first 4WD adventure begins as soon you get to Fraser. Your backpack or other luggage will be delivered to the Wilderness Lodge storage area for you to collect in the afternoon. Don't forget to pack your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, comfy walking shoes or sandals, and of course a camera to click all the action! Cold water is available on tour however it's a good idea to take your own bottle. Although tours are all-inclusive, don't forget money for souvenirs, drinks at the bar and other personal expenses. Kingfisher Bay Resort's Village Store sells resort wear, groceries, drinks & snacks, alcohol, sun-screen, insect repellent, batteries, film etc.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- tour designed for 18-35 years. Tour not suitable for children
- Departure points:
- Hervey Bay, Queensland
- Departure time:
8:45 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Let us know where you're staying in Hervey Bay in the space provided on the booking form and we'll pick you up between 7.00 and 8.00am, nice and easy!
- 3 Days
- Approximate Return Time:
- 6.00 PM DAY 3
Bring a sense of adventure and get ready for some laughs as you embark on three action-packed days on the world's largest sand island. You'll discover Fraser Island's iconic spots - beautiful Lake McKenzie, the historical heart of Central Station and Wanggoolba Creek, golden dunes, fresh water creeks, rusting ship wrecks... and if time permits our guides might show you some of their own special spots!
Some of the tour highlights include:
Giant Satinay trees of Pile valley.
A forest walk into beautiful Basin Lake
Float down Eli creek
The Pinnacles Coloured Sands
A chance to see sharks, rays and migrating humpback whales (Jul - Nov).
A rainforest walk to beautiful emerald-green Lake Wabby.
Irresistible Lake Birrabeen
Your tour departs at 9.00am on the Kingfisher Bay Resort Ferry. Make sure you check in to the Kingfisher Bay Mainland Terminal (at River Heads) by 8.15am, or, for a hassle free alternative, please let us know where you're staying and we'll pick you up between 7.00 and 8.00am. The ferry ride to Fraser Island, across the Great Sandy Strait, around 50 minutes. Your Ranger Guide will meet you at the resort's jetty and after the group introductions and a quick briefing, your 4WD adventure on Fraser begins!
You'll need to have a day-pack ready before you check in at the Kingfisher Bay Mainland Terminal, as your tour starts as soon you get to Fraser Island. Don't forget to pack your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, essential medication and of course a camera in your day bag! Your main backpack or other luggage will be delivered to the Wilderness Lodge storage area for you to collect in the afternoon.
Today we check out some of Fraser's coolest, sub-tropical inland sights.
Lake McKenzie - with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, picture perfect Lake McKenzie is even prettier than the postcards.
Central Station - no trains or whistles here - just peaceful, ancient rainforest and the reminders of a former, once bustling logging camp.
Wanggoolba Creek - walk along the banks of this silent flowing creek with lush green rainforest and rare king ferns... it's simply breathtaking.
Pile Valley - check out the giant Satinay trees and imagine their timbers lining the Suez Canal.
Basin Lake – enjoy a forest walk into beautiful Basin Lake - get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles - in this delightful perched dune lake before heading back to Kingfisher Bay Resort.
Meals Included picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
An early start to explore Seventy-Five Mile Beach, the world's most gorgeous beach highway.
Eli Creek - a great spot for a refreshing dip! Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek - which pours out 80 megalitres of water daily - to the seaside.
Maheno Shipwreck - washed ashore during a cyclone in 1935, this rusting wreck is one of Fraser Island's iconic photo stops. You won't be disappointed.
The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - With all the colours of the rainbow (well just the reds, oranges, ochres and creams really) these vibrant sand cliffs are another favourite photo stop.
Indian Head - climb to the top of this rocky headland for awesome island and ocean views... look out for sharks, rays and migrating humpback whales (Jul - Nov).
Champagne Pools - chill out in these bubbling ocean rock pools, you won't want to leave!
Air Fraser offers spectacular scenic flights over the island - book with your guide on tour (extra cost applies).
Meals Included buffet breakfast, picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
A relaxed day visiting a few of Fraser's lesser well known beauty spots. As this is our last day on island, don't forget to leave your luggage at the Wilderness Lodge storage area for our porters.
Lake Wabby - walk through the forest to beautiful emerald-green Wabby, Fraser's deepest lake and a favourite swimming hole. It's so completely different to the rest of the island's lakes and a real favourite of ours.
Hammerstone Sandblow - trek over one of Fraser's vast desert-like sand blows - no wonder it's the world's largest sand island - to the beach!
Eurong Beach Resort - for lunch we head to Eurong for their famous all-you-can-eat lunch buffet.
Lake Birrabeen - if you loved Lake McKenzie then Birrabeen will allure you with its sparkling clear waters and dazzling white beaches... you won't be able to resist a dip. We think it's a great way to finish the tour!
Meals Included buffet breakfast and lunch.
After a comfort stop at Eurong Beach Resort you can either travel through to Rainbow Beach or return back to Kingfisher Bay Resort to meet the 5.00pm ferry back to Hervey Bay, arriving at approximately 5.50pm... then we'll drop you straight to your Hervey Bay accommodation for some well earned rest! or we can drop your off at the Hervey Bay Coach Terminal. If you are starting in Hervey Bay and want to finish in Rainbow Beach let us know when you are booking or prior to your arrival.
Please note - touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides, seasons and weather conditions.