Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Cool Dingo Two days and One night Quad Share ex-Hervey Bay
Price listed is based on per person quad share dormitory style accommodation which is gender based. Upgrades to twin share rooms available.
Foreign Language Guides are now available. Please add note to your booking.
For this tour, you will need to arrive in Hervey Bay at least one day prior.
Tour departs from Hervey Bay a 3½ hour drive north of Brisbane, on the east coast travellers route between Sydney and Cairns. Any of the major coach operators have daily transfers to and from Hervey Bay. Also accessible via rail and direct flights from Brisbane and Sydney.
Pick up / Drop off service at Hervey Bay accommodation provided as part of tour package
- Included in price:
- 2 days of guided 4WD tours 1 night in gender-based quad share lodge style accommodation at Kingfisher Bay Resort 1 breakfast + 2 lunches + 1 dinner Return passenger ferry transfers National Park Levy and Fees
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Upgrades to twin share rooms available via request on booking form. Surcharges apply. Subject to availability.
- What to bring:
- You'll need to have a day-pack ready as your first 4WD adventure begins as soon you get to Fraser. Your backpack or other luggage will be delivered to the Wilderness Lodge storage area for you to collect in the afternoon. Don't forget to pack your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, comfy walking shoes or sandals, and of course a camera to click all the action! Cold water is available on tour however it's a good idea to take your own bottle. Although the tours are all-inclusive, don't forget money for souvenirs, snacks and drinks at the bar etc. Kingfisher Bay Resort's Village Store sells resort wear, groceries, drinks & snacks, alcohol, sun-screen, insect repellent, batteries, film etc.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Only available for 18-35 years. Not suitable for children.
- Departure points:
- Hervey Bay, Queensland
- Departure time:
8:45 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- These details will be confirmed by the operator after booking. please let us know where you're staying in Hervey Bay so a pick location can be confirmed. Pick up will be between 7.00 and 8.00am.
- 2 days
- Approximate Return Time:
8.30pm ferry departs from the island on Day 2.
Approximate arrival at Hervey Bay accommodation at 9.30pm.
Two days and one night of action packed fun on one of the world's most beautiful sand islands... you'd be mad not to book it! Your two-day action packed adventure takes in some of the island's most iconic sites and our fun guides will give you as much (or as little) information as you want. Get ready for blue skies, golden sands, fresh air and plenty of laughs! And don't forget your camera!
Discover all the wonderful natural sites that have combined to make Fraser Island not only World Heritage-listed, but also a must-see on any East Coast travelling itinerary. Here's a snapshot of what's in store...
Your tour starts on the Kingfisher Ferry in Hervey Bay via River Heads. Let us know where you're staying in Hervey Bay and we'll pick you up between 7.00 and 8.00am, nice and easy!
The cruise to Fraser takes around 45 minutes. Your ranger-guide will meet you at the jetty and after the introductions and a quick briefing, your 4WD adventure begins!
You'll need to have a day-pack ready as your first 4WD adventure begins as soon you get to Fraser. Your backpack or other luggage will be delivered to the Wilderness Lodge storage area for you to collect in the afternoon. Don't forget to pack your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, comfy walking shoes or sandals, and of course a camera to click all the action!
What you'll see
Your guide is a true Fraser guru and will not only take you to the island's most incredible spots, but also wow you with fascinating facts about the island's history, fauna and flora. Keep an eye out for dingoes! Your guide stays with you for the entire tour - we guarantee a fun and entertaining time!
Today we check out some of Fraser's coolest inland sights.
Basin Lake - first stop is beautiful Basin Lake - get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles!
Central Station - no trains or whistles here - just peaceful, ancient rainforest and the reminders of a former, once bustling logging camp.
Wanggoolba Creek - walk along the banks of this silent flowing creek with lush green rainforest and rare king ferns... just breathtaking.
Pile Valley - check out the towering satinay trees in this rich forest... real giants!
Lake McKenzie - with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, picture perfect Lake McKenzie is even prettier than the postcards. Enjoy a refreshing afternoon swim before heading back to Kingfisher Bay.
Includes picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
An early start to explore Seventy-Five Mile Beach, the world's most amazing beach highway. As this is our last day don't forget to leave your luggage at the Wilderness Lodge storage area for our porters.
Eli Creek - a great spot for a refreshing dip! Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek which pours out 80 megalitres of water daily.
Maheno Shipwreck - washed ashore during a cyclone in 1935, this rusting wreck is one of Fraser's essential photo stops.
Coloured Sands - With all the colours of the rainbow (well just the reds really) these vibrant sand cliffs are another favourite photo stop.
Indian Head - climb to the top of this rocky headland for awesome beach and ocean views... look out for sharks, rays and humpback whales (Jul - Nov).
Champagne Pools - chill out in these bubbling ocean rock pools, you won't want to leave!
Air Fraser offers spectacular scenic flights over the island - book with your guide on tour (extra cost applies).
Includes buffet breakfast, picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
The tour returns to Kingfisher Bay Resort in the late afternoon. Wind down and enjoy a relaxed dinner before departing on the late evening ferry back to Hervey Bay, we will then drop you straight to your Hervey Bay accommodation for some well earned rest!
Please note - touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides, seasons and weather conditions.