Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Hunter Valley Wine & Cheese Tasting Tour
Award Winner Hunter Valley Tourism Awards 2010, 2011
Finalist Blue Mountains Tourism Awards 2010, 2011
Silver Award Winner NSW Tourism Awards 2011
- Included in price:
- Wine Tasting, Cheese Tasting, expert commentary, all transport. Great cafe lunch included.
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Opportunity to purchase authentic returning boomerangs made by the Dhurag tribe (while stocks last).
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Discounted rates for Children 12 and under. The bus does not have storage room for strollers. One fold up stroller is available by prior arrangement.
- Departure points:
- Sydney, New South Wales
- Departure time:
No Specific Times Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Holiday Inn Potts Point, 203 Victoria street, Potts Point ( Kings Cross / Potts Point ) - 7:00am YHA Central, corner Rawson Place and Pitt street (next to Central Station) - 7.15am Circular Quay area, pickup Sir Stamford 93 Macquarie St - 7.40am
- 10 hours
- Approximate Return Time:
- Activity Tours Australia- Hunter Valley Wine & Cheese Tasting Tour
- Hunter Valley
- Departs From
Leave the hustle and bustle of Sydney behind and have a fabulous day, venturing through the gently rolling landscapes that blend beautifully with the Australian bushland of the Hunter Valley in this fantastic boutique wine and gourmet cheese tasting tour.
• Travel in a modern luxury coach with your very friendly and informative driver with expert commentary
• Visit a beautiful Hunter Valley winery and taste a large variety of wines
• Enjoy a delicious lunch at a lovely café
• Taste a variety of amazing gourmet cheese and local produce
You start this delightful epicurean adventure at various accommodation departure points in and around Sydney from 7am to 7:45am every day. Hop aboard a modern comfortable coach as you travel north through some spectacular scenic landscape. Enjoy some commentary from your very friendly and informative driver and chat with your fellow wine and food lovers as you journey to the popular wine regions of the magnificent Hunter Valley. The vineyards in this area were first established in the 1830s, making it one of Australia’s oldest wine producing sites.
Learn the subtleties of wine tasting from a professional, to perfect the sniff, swirl and sip like a connoisseur. Enjoy sampling a delightful selection of up to twenty sensational wines that have been refined and improved on for many years on boutique estates, and get an understanding of how these very palatable wines are made. The climate here is suited to both the red and white grape varieties with Semillon and shiraz or Syrah being the primary type selected for that perfect drop.
On this tasty tour, you’ll focus on the fabulous assorted local food, gourmet produce and boutique labels renowned throughout this region – particularly the different types of cheese, all lovingly made in their own unique style and in a variety of flavours. who could forget about the olives and the fragrant, luscious smooth oil they produce, which – by the way – go extremely well with a good bottle of wine. The bouquet and flavours of these premier foods and wines are a guaranteed feast for the senses. whether novice or connoisseur, you are sure to find that perfect bottle or two and a bag full of goodies to take home and enjoy at your leisure, while reflecting back, re-living and savouring the wonderful day you’ve had in the stunning region of the Hunter Valley.
You’ll arrive back in Sydney at approximately 6-6:30 pm, knowing you have truly enjoyed the very best that the Hunter Valley has to offer.