Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Adelaide to Melbourne via Grampians & Great Ocean Road (Two days)
- Included in price:
- Dorm accommodation Morning Tea Dinner (Day one) Breakfast (Day 2) All park entry fees
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Helicopter Flight - Magnificent views of the 12 Apostles and surrounding coastline (~$145 extra per person)
- What to bring:
- Water Hat Sunscreen Comfortable walking shoes Warm and cool clothing Rain jacket Flashlight Toiletries Towel Camera Insect repellent Spending money ...and a sense of adventure!
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Not recommended for young children under the age of 8 years old, due to the nature and length of this tour. No child rates are available and must be purchased on an adult fare on multi-day tours. If travelling with children upgrading to a family room is highly recommended.
- Departure points:
- Adelaide, South Australia
- Departure time:
6:30 AM Wed, Thu, Sat
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Departs Adelaide every Thursday (all year) and Saturday* (peak season only) *** From 1st April 2017 the Thursday departure changes to a Wednesday departure. We recommended that you arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes before departure time. Pick Up Points in Adelaide; • Adelaide Travellers Inn (220 Hutt Street), 06:30am • Mantra Hotel (55 Hindmarsh Square), 06:45am • Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth Street), 07:00am
- Approximate Return Time:
- Wildlife Tours Australia
- Melbourne, Great Ocean Road, Grampians, Torquay, Halls Gap, Lorne, Apollo Bay, Angelsea and Adelaide
- Departs From
On day one of the tour, enjoy a morning drive along the famous Murray River before stopping for morning tea beside Tolmer Creek in Bordertown. Then, explore the lively city of Horsham, before driving through the Grampian’s National Park, stopping to discover the fascinating architecture and a treasure trove of culture and information inside the Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural Centre. Visit Reed’s Lookout, The Balconies, the Jaws of Death and the local falls before enjoying a relaxing stroll through the stringbark trees to Boroka Lookout, where views abound of the Wonderland Range, Mt William Range, Fyans Valley, Lake Bellfield and the Eastern plains. Finish your day at Halls Gap to enjoy a breathtaking sunset, kangaroo spotting and dinner before staying overnight at Halls Gap Hostel.
Day two commences at Tower Hill, where you can gaze into the crater of an extinct volcano which last erupted 32,000 years ago. From here, we commence the Great Ocean Drive, stopping at vantage points for stunning photo opportunities. Explore the seaside town of Apollo Bay before koala and bird-spotting at Kennett River. Immerse yourself in history at Memorial Archway, built as a tribute to soldiers from WW1 who contributed to the construction of Great Ocean Road. Finally, capture the stunning beaches of Anglesea and Lorne on the final leg of the Great Ocean Road. This stretch of coastline is some of the most picturesque within the region, with staggering cliff-faces, pristine beaches and flowing farmland. Finish your tour at approximately 7:00 - 8:00pm in Melbourne, where there is an array of bustling restaurants for you to grab a bite to eat and reflect upon your journey.
The economical price includes: dorm-style accommodation (upgrade to private accommodation at an extra cost, subject to availability), morning tea at Tolmer Creek on day one, dinner on day one, breakfast at Halls Gap on day two, all national park entry fees and a friendly and knowledgeable tour guide.