Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Famous Port Arthur, Richmond & Tasman Peninsula Day Tour
TOURS OPERATE ALL YEAR ROUND
- Included in price:
- Port Arthur entrance fee, walking tour & harbour cruise
- What to bring:
- Clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Children are welcome on our tours. Child prices apply for 3-16 years.
- Departure points:
- Hobart, Tasmania
- Departure time:
8:00 AM Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- We pickup / drop off from your accommodation in Hobart. Airport pick ups or drop offs are also available - pick up time is 8.30am and drop off at 5.30pm. Please note these times are approximate only as there may be unexpected delays on the day. There is space on the bus for hand luggage to be stored during the tour, however large suitcases generally cannot be stored.
- 10 1/2 hours
- Approximate Return Time:
- 6pm - 6.30pm
- ABSOLUTELY TASMANIA DAY TOURS
- Port Arthur, Richmond, Derwent River, Dunalley and Remarkable Caves
- Departs From
This amazing full day tour visits the penal settlement of Port Arthur, via the historic township of Richmond and the harsh wilderness of the Tasman Peninsula, home to the Tasmanian Devil.
• Visit historic Richmond's beautifully preserved Georgian architecture, including St John's Catholic Church, the old gaol and Richmond Bridge.
• Enjoy the stark majesty of the sheer cliffs and rocky outcrops synonymous with the Tasman Peninsula, as you visit Pirates Bay Lookout, Eaglehawk Neck, Tasman Arch and Devils Kitchen.
• Tour the penal settlement of Port Arthur, including a harbour cruise, with your guide who will tell you the stories of the harsh convict life that helped shape Australia.
Departing from Hobart at approximately 8 am after being picked up from your CBD accommodation, your first stop is historic Richmond, around 25 km north east of the capital. A convict heritage site, Richmond is full of well-preserved colonial sandstone buildings, including St John's Catholic Church, thought to be the oldest in Australia. While in Richmond, you will visit the old gaol and Richmond Bridge, the oldest bridge still in use in Australia today. Your guided walking tour will take you past some of the area's most beautiful Georgian architecture, as you hear stories of the convict past when Richmond was a military staging post and convict station.
After leaving Richmond, you will venture south to the Tasman Peninsula, where – amidst breathtaking scenery and rugged wilderness – you will discover significant historical sites drenched in convict history. Soaring dramatic cliffs and rocky outcrops reach to the lashing ocean, forming an extraordinary backdrop to Pirates Bay Lookout, Eaglehawk Neck and the natural landforms of the Tasman Arch and Devils Kitchen.
From the sultry coastline of the Tasman Peninsula, you will visit famed Port Arthur – Australia's most significant historical site and Tasmania's most visited destination. Originally a penal settlement known as 'Hell On Earth', your Port Arthur visit is an opportunity to learn of the harsh and unforgiving convict life that settled Australia. You will have hours to wander the fascinating ruins, with an experienced guide with many interesting tales to tell. Enjoy the historic site from a different perspective on your harbour cruise, where you will also see the convict cemetery on the tiny island where prisoners were buried.
After a truly amazing day, you will return to Hobart and your accommodation between 6 and 6:30 pm (airport drop offs available).
TTG Code: Top Nine Hobart Day Tours