Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
3 Day Melbourne to Sydney Safari
- Included in price:
- Experienced guide, meals as indicated, National Park entry fees and 2 nights hostel dorm accommodation incl. bed linen (or upgrade to twin/double).
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Upgrade accommodation to twin/double/triple/single
- What to bring:
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high), hat & sunscreen, towel & toiletries, swimming gear, warm clothing (including waterproof jacket and pants), water bottle, torch, insect repellent, camera, film, money for some meals & optional activities.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Children under 7 years not permitted Children 8-12 years at the child rate
- Departure points:
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Departure time:
6:30 AM Tue, Sat
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Melbourne 6:30am (Tours ends in Sydney in at approximately 6pm) Tour departs Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday during April and from October to March (excluding 24 anmd 31 December 2011). Tour departs Tuesday and Saturday from May to September.
- 3 Days
- Adventure Tours Australia
- Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Wilsons Promontory, Snowy River Country and Mt Kosciuszko
- Departs From
PLEASE NOTE: BOOKINGS MADE FOR TRAVEL FROM 01 APRIL 2011 MAY BE SUBJECT TO ITINERARY CHANGES - IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE DETAILS PLEASE ENQUIRE BEFORE MAKING YOUR BOOKING.
Day 1 - Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory NP
Travelling southeast of Melbourne through pastoral South Gippsland we arrive at mainland Australia’s most southern point - Wilsons Promontory National Park. Walk along gleaming beaches, hike along amazing granite rock formations and learn about coastal flora and native wildlife. You might even see emus and wombats! In the afternoon we travel to the coastal town of Lakes Entrance. Here, we’re at the Gateway to the Gippsland Lakes and Australia’s longest beach – Ninety Mile Beach. (D)
Day 2 - Lakes Entrance to Thredbo Alpine Village*
A journey from Australia’s southernmost point to Australia’s highest point! This morning we begin our journey into Snowy River Country. It’s a spectacular drive along The Barry Way, watching the Snowy River wind below. In the afternoon we climb high into the Australian Alps to the village of Thredbo. Grab your hiking boots and cameras, we’re going to the “Roof of Australia”. There’s a chairlift (own expense, but we get a great deal!) express up the mountain! You can walk to the summit of Australia’s highest mountain, Mt Kosciuszko, or to the viewing point. *In ski season (Jun-Sep) we stay in Jindabyne and during winter, have time to play in the snow at the ski resort of Perisher/Smiggins (optional toboggan hire or snow tube at own expense). (BD)
Day 3 – Thredbo to Sydney via Canberra
Leaving Thredbo, we pass through Cooma, learning about the historically important Snowy Hydro-Electric Scheme. Next stop is the capital city of Australia – Canberra - where the Prime Minister hangs out. See for yourself how a custom-made capital city is built as you take in the view from Mt. Ainslie, take a tour of Parliament House, check out a few embassies and see other city highlights. Travel throughout the afternoon to the stunning city of Sydney. (B)