Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Blue Mountains Explorer
- Included in price:
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off All national Park entry fees included Knowledgeable guide – guided walk Complimentary tea & coffee & tasting of Aboriginal bush tucker Comprehensive itinerary, small group travel Maximum 11 people.
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Unlimited entry to Scenic World - $33 per Adult (normal price @ Scenic World is $39 per Adult) Waradah Aboriginal Centre - $15 per Adult (normal price @ Centre is $20 per Adult) Aboriginal Bush Tucker Hamper - $12 per Adult (jam, chutney, spice dukkah made from ingredients collected in the wild by Aboriginal communities) Lunch not included - Your Choice of BYO or cafe or restaurant
- What to bring:
- Casual dress code Comfortable shoes Water bottle Sun screen
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- 3-12 years of age
- Departure points:
- Sydney, New South Wales
- Departure time:
8:00 AM Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Convenient Sydney CBD hotel pick-up/drop-off is included in the price of the tour (7.30am-8.15am) or default pick-up point is the Hotel Menzies, 14 Carrington St, near Wynyard Train Station @ 8am.
- 11 hrs
- Approximate Return Time:
Waradah Aboriginal Centre & Scenic World optional. Taste Aboriginal Bush Tucker made by Aboriginal Co-op (jams, chutney, spices).
Discover stunning scenery of Blue Mountains, visit Aboriginal site at Kings Tableland area.
Blue Mountains National Park is recognized for its remarkable beauty, as well as unique fauna and flora. See Three Sisters and Echo Point, stop at many hidden lookouts offering views, revealing interesting geology, but also nature regeneration after bushfires, take a guided walk, explore garden village Leura, take pictures of stunning scenery at Lincoln Rock, Kings Tableland and Pulpit Rock Lookout, Blackheath (reachable via unsealed road). See Australian Grand Canyon. Enjoy complimentary tea and coffee. This 10-hour tour will show you best know places, but also hidden less touristic areas.
Your day starts with a complimentary Sydney CBD Hotel pick-up ( 7.30am-8.15am) or from the convenient Wynyard Menzies Hotel (located at 14 Carrington St near Wynyard Train Station) at 8am.
The first destination of the tour is Kings Tableland, Aboriginal site dating back 22.000 years & Lincoln Rock, top photography spot offering views over Jamison Valley. Visit nearby Wentworth Falls, one of the most beautiful areas in the mountains visited by Charles Darwin in 1836. You will enjoy a guided walk. This is a great opportunity for birdwatching too!
Afterward, visit Leura village & its famous Mall with well-preserved architecture from the beginning of 20th century, it is known as Garden Village - you will find fine coffee shops, galleries, candy store and a relaxed atmosphere here. There is free time for you to purchase and eat lunch as well as visit the Mall.
You will then continue to Katoomba, following a scenic cliff drive, pass Narrow Neck and Cahills lookout. You will reach the viewing platform at Echo Point that provides panoramic views of the Blue Mountains, and the iconic Three Sisters.
For those who take advantage of the optional entry to Scenic World, you can enjoy unlimited entry to Skyway-Walkway-Railway-Cableway (the steepest passenger train - the highest cable car - the biggest cablecar - the longest elevated boardwalk)! We strongly recommend this option and if you purchase you will save off the normal entry price. If you are interested in Aboriginal culture, you can visit Waradah Aboriginal Centre located near Three Sisters. See performance, gallery, arts. Browse nearby souvenir shops.
For others, a visit to the Blackheath wilderness will be provided - this is less touristic, off the beaten track with views over Grose Valley reachable via unsealed road, see Australian Grand Canyon.
Return to Sydney at approximately 6.30pm; choice of hotel drop-off or river cruise back to Sydney harbor.
Prices & Availability
Prices for 26 April 2017.
Use the calendar to book instantly
Blue Mountains Explorer
Pensioner: WAS: $85.00 NOW: $79.00
Waradah Aboriginal Centre
performance, art, gallery
Adults: $15.00 | Children: $10.00 | Family: $50.00 | Pensioners: –
Aboriginal Bush Tucker Hamper
Selection of jams, chutney and spices made by Aboriginal coop
Adults: $15.00 | Children: $15.00 | Family: $48.00 | Pensioners: $15.00
Scenic World Entry Adults: $33.00 | Children: $19.00 | Family: $88.00 | Pensioners: $29.00