Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Exclusive Whale Watch Encounter
Tour subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers
This tour operates during Whale Season only - mid July to late October.
- Included in price:
- tour, morning tea, lunch, drink with lunch, afternoon tea
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Hat, T-shirts, stubbie coolers, drinks, chips, chocolates
- What to bring:
- Camera Sunscreen Hat Sunglasses Jacket Sensible non-slip shoes. (please avoid wearing black soled shoes as these mark the deck or you can take them off when you are on board)
- Fitness level required:
- Not specified
- Child policies:
- Children 4 to 14years pay child price. Children under 4 years travel as infants free of charge.
- Departure points:
- Hervey Bay, Queensland
- Departure time:
7:30 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Tour leaves from the Great Sandy Straits Marina in Urangan. Located behind the Mantra Resort and Hervey Bay Boat Club. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure. Pick up provided from Hervey Bay accommodation if needed.
- Full day, 8 to 9 hours Whale Season only July to October
- Approximate Return Time:
- 3.30 pm
- Blue Dolphin Marine Tours
- Hervey Bay and Fraser Island
- Departs From
- Hervey Bay
From mid July to Ocotber the calm waters of Hervey Bay and Fraser Island become a sanctuary for the most magnificent and beautiful humpback whales. Every year the whales return to Hervey Bay; one of the worlds most exclusive whale watching destinations.
With nearly 30 years experience in the field, we offer one of the most comprehensive whale watching tours in Queensland aboard a comfortable multi award-winning sailing vessel, taking you right to the spot where the whales are. Be ready for some tail-slapping, breaching, pectoral slapping or spy-hopping; these magnificent marine creatures will take your breath away as you get up close and personal with them in their own environment, creating a memory that will last forever. With a small number of passengers, an unforgettable adventure and an intimate whale watching experience awaits you.
Eco friendly modern sailing vessel
Maximum of 24 passengers – no crowding for great views
Expert commentary with over 28 years experience with marine mammals
Morning and afternoon tea
Delicious full buffet lunch
Complementary beverage (beer, wine of soft drink)
Courtesy pick-up and drop-off from your accommodation
Hydrophone to listen to the whales singing
In-water platform for a whale immersive experience
Free WiFi on board so you can instantly share your photos
Plenty of shaded seating
Friendly multi-lingual crew
Suitable for all ages
6.30 am Complementary transfers from your Hervey Bay accommodation.
7.30 am Departs the Great Sandy Straits Marina, Hervey Bay.
11.00 am Morning tea en route to to the whales. This includes an antipasto platter and sweet baked goods.
1.00 pm A delicious buffet lunch will be served whilst taking in the glorious views of the whales at play.
2.30 pm Time to say goodbye to the whales as we head back with afternoon tea served while you relax on the decks.
3.30 pm Arrive back at the marina where you can then board the courtesy bus and be dropped back at your accommodation.
These are approximate times.